Tuesday, July 8, 2014

gardens, friends, tea and garage sale pictures

 A pretty little fairy standing in one of my deck containers.
 Makes me happy just to look at her; she looks so peaceful.
 Could not wait for summer to invite some ladies for tea.  Here is the table setting.  I purchased some annuals and placed them in little containers I had laying around (yogurt, individual applesauce, etc.).  I wrapped pretty material around the containers and tied it on with jute.  Some of the place settings are from my Aunt Rose who passed away about a year ago, and some settings are from my wedding china.  I found the napkin rings at an antique store.  

 My wedding china
 Aunt Rose's china
 A few of the tea ladies:  Kim, sister Cyndi and daughter Julia.  I wish I had taken pictures of all the ladies, but I got caught up in the conversation and good food and did not think about it until most had left.
 Kim, Cyndi and me
 Julia had a friend visiting, so we went thrifting.  I bought my daughter and her friend each one of these.  So cute!  They both love tea!
 My daughter spotted this, I believe at a yard sale.  Sewing machine tea pot!
 More garage sale purchases.
 My daughter's friend paints white teacups, etc. by hand.  She made this one as a gift to my daughter!  She hand-painted my daughter's favorite Bible verse on it.  Lovely!
 In my daughter's room on her dresser--all garage sale purchases.  I have taught her well.
 A painting by my mom!
 A painting by me
 A painting by my grandma--my dad's mom
A gift from my daughter for Mother's Day or Christmas.  I can't remember which!  I planted a spider plant in it, and it is going to town!

No comments:

Post a Comment