Friday, June 6, 2014

Fairy Gardens

I have yet to make a true fairy garden; you know, those little sections of your garden that you devote to the little fairy statues and other mini items to make the fairies comfy.  I decided that the first thing I need to do to start my fairy garden is to come up with a list of items I could use for it--cost-effective items, mind you--not expensive things in my garden!  It is not necessary.  Now for that list:

  • fairies from thrift stores, dollar stores, garage sales, anywhere cheap
  • a small fairy-sized plot of land in my garden (or I could make a new garden--always excites my hubby when I dig up another garden (believe that if you are of the female gender!).  
  • large container in which to place soil and plant a fairy garden if no room in garden
  • rocks--ones I paint or get my students to paint--glitter is always welcome for some sparkle factor in the sunshine!
  • seashells
  • mini teacups or normal-size ones
  • small plastic frogs, turtles, etc.
  • mini furniture
  • interesting plants--I love ferns and think of frilly and fun when I see them, so I would definitely use them; moss
  • stepping stones
  • ceramic or plastic mushrooms
  • small houses
  • plastic or ceramic birds
  • twigs to make fences, doorways, etc.
  • little butterflies
  • gems
  • tiny birdhouses
  • craft sticks made into doors, windows, etc.
  • miniature mirrors
  • mini lamp posts like you see at Christmas time for in villages
  • bendable branches to be used for archways
  • marbles for placement on golf tees as garden globes
  • acorns
  • pinecones
  • small logs
  • anything miniature, really--no rules!
Possible Fairy Garden Containers:
old wheelbarrows
old furniture
old chairs with pot inset
sandbox
large flower pot
old tub
basket with liner
pretty dish large enough for purpose
large pot



1 comment:

  1. You are making me want to make a fairy garden. I just read a post by another blogging friend about her little garden. Here's the link: http://cottagetome.blogspot.com/2014/06/my-gnome-garden.html

    ReplyDelete