Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Take a Vacation

Take a Vacation
We all look forward to vacations!  Why?  Because it is a chance to get away from all that we do on a daily basis, and because we can slow down and get some rest.  But did you know that you can take mini-vacations every day?  You can and you should!  Everyone is very busy, but we are often too busy, abnormally busy.  We are not moving at a God-pace but often at a frantic pace.  It is not the pace God meant for us at all.  When we are racing around, we leave God out of our lives.  God should be the driver in our lives but not the race driver.  It takes an on-purpose mindset to slow down and think about God and to ask God to help you.  God is with us always, but we often ignore Him—not on purpose, mind you, but because we are busy making every moment of our lives an emergency.  God created everything, and He did not create everything in a hurry!  If God did not create us to be in rush mode all of the time, then we should heed what He wants for us:

Exodus 33:14 - And he said, “My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”


Matthew 11:28-30--Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”


Psalm 127:2--It is in vain that you rise up early and go late to rest, eating the bread of anxious toil; for he gives to his beloved sleep.


Mark 6:31--And he said to them, “Come away by yourselves to a desolate place and rest a while.” For many were coming and going, and they had no leisure even to eat.


Psalm 46:10--“Be still, and know that I am God.  I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!”


Isaiah 30:15--For thus said the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel, “In returning[a] and rest you shall be saved; in quietness and in trust shall be your strength.”  But you were unwilling,


Sounds to me like God wants us to slow down and get some rest!  Work has its place, but so does rest.  Stop and think:  Do I feel closer to God while rushing or when I slow down?

 Think about how you are using God’s name when you are rushing: 
“O God!  I’m never going to get this all done!” 

Now, when you make yourself slow down: 
“O God, You are so amazing!” 


Try slowing down for just one day and see if it doesn’t make a difference in your well-being.  

No comments:

Post a Comment